Sunday 8 July 2012

9th July 2012 - Update on fuchsias

Can you believe this weather.  Here in the south east of England we have had rain, rain and more rain and when the sun does come out we all rush into our gardens to try and get a little bit done.  The grass is growing like mad and the slugs are out in force.  But now for the fuchsias.  The hanging baskets I am doing for the middle of August are coming along nicely and hopefully I have timed them right.  In Surrey the British Fuchsia Society has warned that there is Fuchsia Gall Mite in Bagshot so I will not be buying any more fuchsias for the time being and hopefully this dreaded fuchsia pest will not reach me. Fingers crossed.

I have two pots of Genii fuchsias and have been trying to get them into a nice rounded shape.  They have had two pinches so far.

Sadly, I dropped another Genii pot and it landed flowers down and they were broken into pieces but at least I have these two.

Also I thought I would show you the multi pot of unknown fuchsias that I talked about earlier in the blog and that I made up in March.  I am very pleased with how they are coming along.  They grew so big in the pot that I decided to put them in a large container in the front of the house.  All the flower buds are on them and I'm just waiting for them to burst into colour.
This is it.

Multi pot
Multi pot of unknown fuchsias now in new container
 And to think it started like this:-
Multi pot started in March

No comments:

Post a Comment