Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter Sunday

It has been a long time since I last posted.  This has been because I have been a bit under the weather and what with doctors and hospital appoinments I just havent had the time or the inclination.  My partner brings me a big bucket of compost and I sit in the shady part of the greenhouse and plant my seeds and water them in with my pump sprayer.  This is about as much exercise as  I can manage.  There is nothing more satisfying than seeing those little seedlings appear. Everything is at about five and a half weeks.It is the 24th April and I took a chance and planted my dahlias and runners beans, as the long range forecast does not include any frosts.  I hope this indeed will be the case - fingers crossed!! There are plenty more plants in the greenhouse though if the worst comes to the worst.  If not I will be picking runner beans on the 1st July.  Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment